- CIES nos Media
- Próximos Eventos
- Iniciativas Recorrentes
- Biografias e Trajetórias
- Cidades & Impérios: dinâmicas locais, fluxos globais
- Workshops de Investigação
- Diversidade Cultural em Famílias Contemporâneas
- Fórum Pesquisas CIES
- Encontros de Estudos sobre a China
- Experiências Culturais
- Experiências Migratórias
- Fórum das Políticas Públicas
- Género, Sexualidade e outros marcadores sociais de diferença
- Leituras ETNO.URB
- Migrações no Espaço Digital: experiências, transformações e resistências
- Movimentos Sociais e Ação Política
- Novas Perspectivas em História Moderna
- Políticas e Práticas Linguísticas e de Literacia
- Provas de Doutoramento e Sessões Públicas
- TALK - Arte e Cultura
The 21st IMISCOE conference is approaching and it will take place in Lisbon on 2-5 July 2024, at Iscte. This international event will gather students, researchers, and practitioners in the area of transnational migration under the title: Migration as a Social Construction: A Reflexive Turn.
The Organizing Committee of CIES-Iscte, is looking for Junior Researchers, PhD and MA students who would like to collaborate in the organization of this event. The volunteers, will be part of the team, and focus on helping and facilitating the overall experience of the participants in the conference. The team expects volunteers to follow the Organizing Committee’s protocols and develop assigned duties with concern and responsibility, as well as treating participants and other volunteers with respect and care. A good level of English language is mandatory to perform the expected duties.
Volunteers will be expected to
Work during 1 day of the Conference (8 hours) at the least. In compensation, they can choose to either:
1) have free access to the conference on the remaining days, or
2) receive a volunteer grant (in these cases, you can choose to work 1 to 4 days of the Conference; around 50€ per day).
In all cases, volunteers will also receive a certificate of participation and a free lunch on the working day(s). We will provide training before the conference, and we believe that this is an opportunity to gain many other professional skills regarding management of academic events, interpersonal communication, and other professional habits and techniques that will be important for a future career.
Please fill in the following form to express your interest in becoming a volunteer and your availability on the conference’s days. A short motivation message of 2 lines is required to fulfil the application.